Oh Canada! This year’s NHL season has just wrapped (congrats to the L.A Kings on the Stanley Cup Championship) and its that time of the year where we, Hockey fans are getting ready for the next big season and also, the next upcoming release of our national’s sport videogame, NHL15. We’ve been waiting for this year’s release particularly because it will be the first next-gen release of the NHL franchise.
Not only will we have the opportunity to experience the game in true next-gen optimization, but we will have a lot of new features to get our hands on. EA Sports already announced a bunch of new additions and enhancements to the franchise :
- 12 Player NHL Collision Physics and Real Puck Physics
- A new authentic player modelling and an evolved arsenal of tools, including the Superstar Skill Stick and Vision AI
- A brand new revamped sights and sounds of authentic arenas across the National Hockey League feat. 9,000 individual crowd models, the most ever in a sports videogame
- An all-new commentary team of Mike ‘Doc’ Emrick and Eddie Olczyk from NBC Sports and analysis by Ray Ferraro. TSN analyst Ray Ferraro will provide insights at ice level.
- New partnership with NBC Sports featuring a new broadcast package to the game.
The trailer left my mouth-watering. The game sure looks so awesome but I felt that the area of the game that most needed a revamp was the play by play commentary and TV-like immersion. Ladies and gentlemen, prepare yourself for a whole new experience. I sure couldn’t get any happier to see Bill Clement go. He was the NHL games color commentator for the past 8 years. Even if the game had its share of improvements over the last years, the same dull and repetitive lines we’re overruling it all. For those who don’t know the new voice of the NHL series, they are the one broadcasting over at the CBC (Hockey Night in Canada) and NBC Sports. Please have a look at the trailer below and be the judge :
I really think that this addition will be a game changer for the franchise. Are you excited about it? What other features do you look the most? Let us know in the comments!